Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Everybody Has Gotten A Flaw, Except Me

Do you think the title sounds selfish? It does and it represents all of us. Why do I say so? Because I will always be with me. You will always think you're right. She will always wanna be self-centered. He sees himself as the most perfect guy. We are obsessed over ourselves.

This could be more like a confidence. Isn't a confidence good for us? It is. We do have to be confident to overcome our own fear. When we've done overcoming them, good things will then follow. Our every single move becomes to take form. The things is, we like to seek other human beings' flaws to be discussed, that are not even necessary and affect our lives. I used not to care of it but as the time passes by I realize something: people tend to look for anything that makes them feel superior. We will look at anybody else as if we were perfect. As if we had got no flaw. Besides, when we talk about others, we unconsciously find out that 'nobody is perfect', the statement we've heard for centuries. But why do people keep on doing it? As I said, people love it to be superior, or they do it because they want to increase their self-esteem.

I've actually got sick of hearing people giving off their sharpest-but-not-so-important comments to other people. I don't mean that I'm clean. I'm not, but I've been aware that talking about others' flaws won't make it to an end. I've seen that the beauty of human beings is actually the flaw that can be their powers to live up to their dreams. I've seen that the human beings who got flaws are the normal ones. I've got flaws and I'm grateful for it. All the people around me are not perfect therefore I don't deserve to talk about their deficiencies that actually have nothing to do with my life. It's hard sometimes, I know. It's also our responsibility to upgrade ourselves as a person. Who doesn't want to go forward anyway? But aren't there so many other ways to lift up ourselves outside of talking about something unimportant coming from someone else's weakness? Or is it just the natural law of being humans to see each of ourselves flawless?

I wondered those questions for a million of nights before sleep, and I finally believe that our ego is controllable. The option is already in front of us: we want to control it or not.

No comments: